-
August 2nd, 2005, 01:55 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Yesterday DD and I went to AGPNY for Elizabeth's premiere and came back without Elizabeth!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]
Neither of the two of us liked the doll enough to get her. Yes she is cute, but ELizabeth? She ain't!
DD (almost 9) kept on going back to: her hair and her eyes are wrong, her riding outfit is too pale, her meet dress is too pink, her ball dress is one piece... and so on, and so on...
A chip of the old block, she is!
I liked Elizabeth up to a point, but since finances are tight, we came back home with one outfit for Jose, and the idea of(may be) in the future ordering Lissie's and Elizabeth's tea dresses for Lissie. That is, if she can fit into them, which I doubt.
I would love to be able to adapt Elizabeth's earings for Lissie. I am a sucker for all things sparkly!
I thought the stable was a bit overpriced, and I have trouble justifying the price of the clothes press by looking at the very limited storage space it provides. They did not have the carriage, so I can not comment, but I wouldn't be able to get any of these big items without having to pitch a tent in the backyard (the house I am renting is dinky small!)
All in all: the show and the presentation by the costume historian were great, the munchies were yummy, and the goody bag was cute(an old Meet Felicity poster, a bookmark signed by the author and a replica? of Lissie's windmill) even though they were VERY tight with them (only one per girl, no adults, no excuses!)
We had a blast and , to the chagrin of Visa and Mastercard, came back with a lot less than I expected.
May be we ARE weird! [img]wink.gif[/img]
Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]
-
August 2nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
#2
Inactive Member
lol, you're not weird, just smart. You can't collect just for the sake of collecting, you have to get what you want, and what is within your reach! Congrats on not bankrupting yourself, I lack your gargantuan self-control.
-
August 2nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Nope. I'm not planning on getting her either. She just isn't doing it for me. I already have Kailey and AGOT 21, both of whom have gorgeous blonde hair. And I also have Marisol, so I already have that face mold (which I think is much better suited to her, BTW). And the clothes press and carriage are sooo big. [img]eek.gif[/img] The use I'd get out of them isn't worth the hassle of storing them.
I will beef up my Lissie's wardrobe with some of Elizabeth's outfits, however. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I may have to break down and get that bed. I'm a sucker for beds. Every dolly needs a place to sleep. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
-
August 2nd, 2005, 02:58 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Nope, you're not the only one. I was really unimpressed with the doll. I don't think she's a pretty doll at all. I might buy a few of her things for Lissie (especially that nightgown!), but I don't want the doll.
She doesn't look like the Elizabeth I grew up imagining. The Elizabeth I loved as a kid never dressed that way- and even if she is a foil to Lissie's tomboyishness- Elizabeth wasn't really a frou-frou type of girl either.
We won't buy buying her, especially after buying both Marisol and Felicity this year. It's Felicity who carries the stories for me and I think all of her things are nicer than Elizabeth's.
-
August 2nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
#5
monimarine
Guest
You're not alone. I am still trying to decide but think I am going to go the route of getting some of her things for DD's Lissie.
DD likes her though. I really want her to wait for Kit's movie and new items more than anything else.
-
August 2nd, 2005, 04:46 PM
#6
Inactive Member
If you're weird, so am I. [img]smile.gif[/img] I've gone back and forth on Elizabeth--no--yes--maybe--and now no. She's a pretty doll but she's not Elizabeth and I already have my own Gotz-made Elizabeth anyway who's lovely. I do like some of the clothes, especially Felicity's tea dress and I probably will get the carriage. I like pink so the riding habit is a possibility, ditto the tea set. I may also get the bedding for Elizabeth but definitely not a second bed. All in all, I'm just glad Felicity will be back in the catalog and have to hope there won't be anymore retirements.
-
August 2nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I think Elizabeth is beautiful, but I also agree that she is not the "Real Elizabeth."
This is why that have so many dollies - not every single one will appeal to all.
-
August 2nd, 2005, 06:08 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I LIKE Elizabeth, but I'm not sure I like (or love) her enough to get her. She just doesn't look enough like the book Elizabeth to me, though she is a pretty doll. Mostly, I like her because she looks like me when I was in middle and high school, minus the curls. (My hair is much darker now) I like her meet dress, too, though I wish it were two pieces. (And I'd like to see her ball gown without the cape!)
Am I the only one wondering why Felicity didn't get a whole NEW meet dress, instead of a recycled dress from her collection?
If they wanted to be fancier, her new tea dress would have made a lovely new meet dress!
Hope I don't sound overly critical or "sour grapes", but this is my first chance to express my opinion of Elizabeth and all the new stuff.
-
August 2nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
#9
Inactive Member
I will not be getting Elizabeth. I just really don't like her. I don't like the blond hair and the pink dress but I could get past all that. It is the face mold that bothers me. I think it looks aweful on her. I am very very disappointed in this doll. I may be getting some of her dresses for Felicity and baby Polly is adorable. But I really don't like this doll.
-
August 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
#10
Inactive Member
We won't be getting Elizabeth either. When my DD found out they changed the hair and eye color, she just didn't want her at all anymore. (And she had been really excited about the idea, since Felicity is her favorite).
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks